Painter: Smirnov Andrey Yurievich
Smirnov Andrey Yurievich - Painter's Biography
Andrey Smirnov was born in Nizhny Novgorod in 1960. He graduated from the Theater School in Nizhny Novgorod, then the St. Petersburg State Academic Institute of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture. Repin, where he studied with the famous artist V.I. Reikhet. As an artist, Andrey is known for his writing style with elements of silver and gilding. At the same time, his works are a continuation of the artistic traditions of modernity. The master prefers the female image, endowing it with a special veil of mystery and that personal story that has always captivated the viewer and admirer of Smirnov's talent. Andrey Smirnov - Member of the Union of Artists of Russia, one of the most recognizable and unsurpassed artists in Russia.
«In nature, it is not the strongest that survives, but the one who knows how to be friends with her. This is how an artist, a pilot, and a creator of aircraft models should be. The sky is like a canvas, an airplane writes a trajectory on it, like an artist - a line with his brush ... The girl in the paintings is me, if I were a woman in another life. Or my great-grandmother when she was young. I am not a museum artist, I am not interested in society. I am interested in the transcendent, timeless beauty that shines through in a beautiful woman, in a landscape, in flowers. I strive to create a generalized image, I am interested in an absurd color that can be believed. In painting, I want to be a creator who can afford to create what the soul wants. But at the same time, I really want applause, the realization that your work touches the viewer.»
The author's favorite colors are red, black and white, in which white Russian snows, the redness of ripe mountain ash and the decorative blackness of the trunks of the Volga forests seem to be. Fancifully playing with volume and planes, Andrey combines them, as if carving a conscious form from clay and breathing life into it. The fresh pictorial palette of the author pleases the eye with harmony and pure sound of a bold contrasting color of broad colorful masses colliding on canvas. Here, among the bright expression, the artist's graceful porcelain muses flourish, as if reveling in the color halo around them, they captivate the viewer. This is more than gold, behind the superficial brilliance and showiness of which there is often nothing. Smirnov's canvases have a pleasant aftertaste of mystical sophistication and the mystery of the primordial creation, to which they return again and again in an attempt to unravel.
Smirnov Andrei: where are the artist's paintings presented?
Andrey Smirnov's paintings adorn the private collections of art lovers in Russia, China, France, England, Finland, Germany, etc. The artist took part in a large number of solo and general exhibitions in Paris, London, Shanghai, Leon, Moscow, St. Petersburg and Hamburg.
What exhibitions did Andrey Smirnov take part in?
- 1997-2006 - autumn and spring exhibitions of the Union of Artists
- 1997 - anniversary exhibitions of the Union of Artists in the "Manezh" (St. Petersburg)
- 2000 - exhibition (Lyon, Paris)
- 2000 - solo exhibition, "Blue Living Room" (St. Petersburg)
- 2002 - solo exhibitions in the gallery of the Union of Artists (St. Petersburg)
- 2003 - personal exhibition at the Traveler Gallery (Hamburg, Germany)
- 2004 - personal exhibition "Remakes by artist Andrei Smirnov", "Tretyakov Gallery" (St. Petersburg)
- 2004 - solo exhibition, "The Nature of Sensuality", Astrosoft Gallery (St. Petersburg)
- 2005 - solo exhibition Gallery of the Union of Artists (St. Petersburg)
- 2005 - solo exhibition Hotel Europe (St. Petersburg)
- 2005 - personal exhibition "White Dress", gallery "S.P.A.S" (St. Petersburg)
- 2006 - personal exhibition gallery "Maestro-Art" (St. Petersburg)
- 2006 - "Contemporary Art Space", "Impressio Art" Gallery, "Heritage" International Art Gallery, Art Propaganda Foundation (Moscow)
- 2006 - “Women's Image in World Art. From the 18th to the 21st century”, Impressio Art Gallery, Heritage International Art Gallery, Art Propaganda Foundation (Moscow)
- 2007 - project "Christmas Art Fair", Impressio Art Gallery, Art Propaganda Foundation, Moscow