Painter: Rychkov Alexey Viktorovich
Rychkov Alexey Viktorovich - Painter's Biography
Russian painter Alexei Rychkov was born in 1968 in Ryazan. Graduated from the Ryazan Art College. In 1993 he graduated from the Leningrad Academy of Painting and Design named after V.I. Mukhina. In 1995 he began to collaborate with art galleries in Prague, Warsaw, Helsinki. Then he was invited to work in Paris, where in five years he painted more than 100 works sold at auctions and exhibitions of Russian art in Paris. Paintings from this period were used in the design of the Grand Hotel WestMinster (Paris).
«We painted mostly the most significant cathedrals of regional cities, the capitals of the former republics, but to write all the temples, probably, several lives are needed. Maybe, God will give, and in the next life I will complete the continuation ...»
Alexei Rychkov is called both a modern Aivazovsky and a follower of the "Dutch" (for example, Rembrandt). Alexey Rychkov's technique is really multifaceted and wide. At the beginning of his career, inspired by the works of Russian marine painters, Alekey Rychkov specialized in seascapes. A characteristic feature of his canvases is the subtle and transparent technique of depicting water in motion. The artist's urban landscapes are romantic in spirit and mood: St. Petersburg, Neva, bridges and embankments, classical architecture. The landscapes of St. Petersburg in the interpretation of the artist are akin to the works of old masters. He perfectly masters the multi-layered technique of painting, which is organically combined with spectacular and solemn panoramic compositions. The works of Alexey Rychkov are distinguished by the easy transfer of atmospheric effects with the help of soft variations of tones, a variety of techniques and a combination of impasto painting and glazing on one canvas. The artist creates sublime, and at the same time living images, molded into a perfect, in accordance with the laws of classicism, form. Complex and equally harmonious compositions are also characteristic of his still lifes in the spirit of Kalf and Snyders. Portraiture bears the imprint of romanticism, with the ease of flowing lines and texture characteristic of the artist.
Rychkov Alexey: where are the paintings of the artist presented?
Alexey Rychkov is an artist with a rare, unique ability to masterfully create paintings in various genres and techniques, as well as to make artistic copies. For this he is appreciated by gallerists and collectors in Russia and abroad. Today, the artist's paintings are presented in museums, personal collections and galleries in St. Petersburg, Moscow, Prague, Paris, Istanbul, Baku, as well as Australia, Germany, Switzerland, the USA and China.
What exhibitions did Alexey Rychkov take part in?
- 2001-2005 - order from the Mining Institute of St. Petersburg to restore the lost portrait gallery of emperors and pundits of Russia.
- 2002 - The Ministry of Foreign Affairs acquires the painting "City of Peter" to present it at the UN Palace to Koffi Anan.
- 2003 - participation in the Grand Plein Air of the Russian Museum "300th Anniversary of the Summer Garden", the audience award and the Grand Prix of the festival.
- 2004 - Creation of a series of canvases dedicated to Russian ballet. Some of the paintings were presented at the Ballet. Ballet? Ballet!" at the PAR Gallery (Zurich, Switzerland).
- 2006 - participation in the competition of marine painters in the Ethnographic Museum of St. Petersburg.
- 2008 - with the support of the Central Naval Museum of St. Petersburg, the art gallery "Liberty" organizes the exhibition "Images of the Sea Element. Marine painters of the 20th century.
- 2009 - participation in the exhibition "VIEWS ON THE CANAL" in the gallery "Montmartre".
- 2012 - participation in the BALTIC MARINE FESTIVAL at Lenexpo. Personal exhibition at the Angleterre Hotel (St. Petersburg).
- 2007-2012 - more than 200 paintings were painted as part of the project of Viktor Shirokikh "Cathedrals of the World", a traveling exhibition is exhibited in the cities of Russia.
- 2013 - a collection of paintings presented in the gallery of Russian art "UNIVERSE IMPRESSION" (China, Nanjing).
- 2014 - participation in the Moscow International Art Salon "Central House of Artists-2014".
- 2015 - winner of the Art Festival in the Konstantinovsky Palace, nomination "ARTIST OF THE YEAR OF THE PALACE OF CONGRESSES".
- 2017 - permanent exposition of the "Grad Petrov" collection in the restaurant of the same name, St. Petersburg.