Painter: Reznichenko Nikolai Grigorievich
Reznichenko Nikolai Grigorievich - Painter's Biography
Nikolai Reznichenko, Russian painter, graphic artist and sculptor, was born in 1958 in the village of Ershov, Saratov Region. After graduating from school in the city of Slavyansk in the Kuban, he entered the Kerch Naval School, followed by military service in Kiev, then studying at the art school in Krasnodar. In Kostomuksha (Karelia), where Nikolai lived since 1982, he worked at a construction site, and later taught painting and graphics in an art circle. In the same place in Karelia, in 1986, the first large exhibition took place, its success determined the participation of the artist's works in many subsequent expositions. The practice of restoring icons had a great influence on his painting. Since 1989, Nikolai has been living and working in St. Petersburg.
«We first met Nikolai Reznichenko in a small studio on Manezhnaya. He painted a series of paintings that later became CD covers for classical music. Everything they did was elegant and expressive. We found a common language with the artist unusually quickly. For me, Nikolai is an artist like no other. Those who look for photographic lifelikeness in it will be disappointed. He was never a dry registrar of everyday life and did not sin with literature, he knew how to achieve a combination of painting with plot. He always sought to create an accurate image, found the necessary means to convey characters and circumstances. Knowing Nikolai Reznichenko since 1993, I have always been happy to meet his paintings at exhibitions. His art is surprisingly modern and connected to reality. See what a subtle color he has, and what a virtuoso draftsman he is. I am convinced that he is one of the major artists of our time!»
In the paintings of Reznichenko, the viewer opens a harmonious and self-sufficient world full of symbols. Its inhabitants face the viewer, but at the same time they are detached from the viewer, immersed in their thoughts unknown to us. It can be a pianist playing and listening to her own music, a sleeping half-naked beauty, or a lady frozen under a flying plane. The spiritualized facial expressions and closed eyelids indicate that the heroines are not frozen in contemplation of the world around them, but in a unique emotional experience that lasts here and now. Detachment and piercing frankness, oblivion, finding oneself and each other form the spiritual and emotional world of the artist's characters. As a rule, in Reznichenko's works, the dominant plastic motif or significant detail is clearly revealed, which become a concentrated expression of the aesthetic idea and the emotional state of the picture. It can be a piece of watermelon, a profile of an upturned face, a graphic pattern on a tablecloth, a billiard ball, an apple on a table, etc. The sharp drawing, the naturalness of hyperbolic gestures, the inspiration and impenetrability of faces, which would be more accurately called faces, evoke the images of Chagall and Modigliani, and the smoothness of the rhythmic organization - the images of the Pre-Raphaelites.
Reznichenko Nikolai: where are the paintings of the artist?
In 1996, Nikolai Reznichenko designed a series of audio-CDs for the Mazur Media recording company in Germany. The artist's works are in private collections in Russia, Kazakhstan, Germany, Great Britain, France, Switzerland and the USA.
What paintings by Nikolay Reznichenko were used for book design?
- 2011 - Antonina Karimova. Once upon a time there was a girl ... Genio Loci Publishing.
- 2012 - Ekaterina Lavinskaya. Painting in verse. Publishing house Petrocentr.
- 2015 - Viktor Pelevin. From the life of insects. Eksmo Publishing.
- 2015 - Nikolai Suvorov. Gallery business.
What personal exhibitions did Reznichenko Nikolai take part in?
- 2021 - Sochi Gallery “Form & Bronze”.
- 2021 - MUNICH GALLERY 1704.
- 2021 - Ekaterinburg exhibition at RakovGallery.
- 2020 - St. Petersburg, exhibition at the Palkin Gallery.
- 2020 - St. Petersburg, exhibition at the Blue Living Room
- 2020 - St. Petersburg, “Come in large numbers”.
- 2019 - Beijing International Art Biennale 19.
- 2019 - Svetlanovsky Business Center Gallery
- 2018 - Exhibition No. 9 St. Petersburg.
- 2018 - Gallery Business Center "Svetlanovsky" anniversary exhibition "60 years"..
- 2018 – Museum of the city of Kronstadt.
- 2017 - Apartment exhibition at Kostya Kreutz.
- 2014 – Pavel Butsky Gallery in Perinny Ryads Art Center, St. Petersburg.
- 2014 - Emeralda Hotel, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- 2014 – Na Torgu Gallery (in the Novgorod Kremlin), Novgorod, Russia.
- 2013 – Exhibition “+18 in the shade” at the Sergienko Gallery “Kazanskaya 12”, St. Petersburg.
- 2013 - Art-Perm, Gallery 25/17, Perm, Russia.
- 2011 - Gallery Mishin Fine Arts San Francisco.
- 2011 – Captives of Beauty Vavilon Gallery, Samara, Russia.
- 2008 - IFA, anniversary exhibition "50 years", Nevsky Pr. 60, St. Petersburg.
- 2003 - Nevsky 20 Gallery, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- 1999 - Russian Winter 99, Leipzig, Germany.
- 1999 - Gallery "Nevsky 20", St. Petersburg.
- 1998 - Gallery "Nevsky 20", St. Petersburg.
- 1997 - Gallery "Nevsky 20", St. Petersburg.