Painter: Ponomarenko Viktor Sergeevich
Ponomarenko Viktor Sergeevich - Painter's biography
Artist Viktor Ponomarenko was born in 1987 in Art. Staroshcherbinovskaya, Krasnodar region, Russia. In 2009 he graduated from the Krasnodar Art College at the Faculty of Painting. In 2012 he was a member of the OKNO art group. In 2015 he graduated from the St. Petersburg Institute of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture. I.E. Repin at the Russian Academy of Arts, a workshop of book graphics under the guidance of Professor A.A. Pakhomov. From 2015 to 2017 was a teacher of the disciplines "Painting", "Drawing", "Type and typography" at the Krasnodar Art College. In 2018 he became a finalist in the Untitled Prize contemporary art competition, and in 2019 he was a participant in the parallel program of the 8th Moscow International Biennale of Contemporary Art.
«Why is it necessary in our time to depict something that has nothing to do with us: heavy römers, silver dishes and bowls full of ripe grapes? Each element of the Dutch still life had its own meaning, was a fairly universal symbol, understandable to the viewer. So why not turn things that surround modern man into the same symbols? I am thinking about the Surface in terms of structuring drapery in space. For me, it is a substance that has direct references to the non-material world, due to the plasticity of the form, non-objectivity, the ability to be anything, at the same time, not being anything at all.»
Victor Ponomarenko in 2020 entered the TOP-35 of the best contemporary artists according to 49ART. In his work, the author uses the classical principles of academic painting and the technique of photorealism. The artist is interested in the topic of insignificant and disposable things, for example, plastic utensils and fast food. One of the main motifs that runs through all of Ponomarenko's work is drapery, the basic object for classical painting beyond eras. In the history of art, drapery often acted as a background object, but today Victor brings it to the fore and elevates it to the main character.
Ponomarenko Victor: where are the paintings of the artist presented?
Now the artist lives and works in Anapa. The works of Viktor Ponomarenko are kept in the Jinguli Museum of Art (China) and the Krasnodar Regional Art Museum named after. F. Kovalenko, as well as private collections in Russia, Ukraine, Finland, Great Britain, Austria, Israel, Italy, Germany and China.
What exhibitions did Viktor Ponomarenko take part in?
- 2020 - “Enter name”, solo exhibition, Krasnodar Regional Art Museum. F. Kovalenko, Krasnodar.
- 2020 - "Spring", Antique Center on Sadovoy, exhibition of the best contemporary Russian artists (ARTeex), Moscow.
- 2020 - "33.5" (as part of the OKNO art group), Larina Gallery, Krasnodar.
- 2020 - "One Time", solo exhibition, Rajatila Gallery, Tampere, Finland.
- 2019 - Assemblage Point, Na Peschanaya Gallery, as part of the parallel program of the 8th Moscow International Biennale, Moscow.
- 2019 - “OPEN”, Bronze Horse art center, Krasnodar.
- 2019 - "Point of Bifurcation", Omelchenko Gallery, as part of the parallel program of the 8th Moscow International Biennale, Moscow.
- 2019 - "New Point", Artis Gallery, Winzavod (as part of the EwerArt Weekend contemporary art festival), Moscow.
- 2019 - "What's next", as part of the OKNO art group. Krasnodar Regional Art Museum. F. Kovalenko, Krasnodar.
- 2019 - "Inside" solo exhibition. MIZK Gallery (Cube Moscow), Moscow.
- 2019 - "Dreams without Freud", Erarta Gallery, St. Petersburg
- 2019 - “DOCA” 2019, Contemporary Art Festival, IGUMO and IT, Moscow.
- 2019 - "Surface" 2019, solo exhibition. Art Center "Polygraphic Workshop", Moscow.
- 2019 - "Parallel flight", trolleybus exhibition of contemporary art, Novorossiysk.
- 2019 - "Gravity" 2019, solo exhibition. “PRO ART'S GALLERY”, Kaluga.
- 2018 - "Session of group therapy", art center "Printing Shop". (Moscow)
- 2018 - "Gravity", solo exhibition. Gallery "White Square". (Anapa)
- 2018 - “Untitled Prize”, All-Russian Museum of Decorative, Applied and Folk Art (VMDPNI). (Moscow)
- 2018 - Confabulatory Lemonade, Bronze Horse Art Center. (Krasnodar)
- 2018 - Luna-16. In the Shadow of the Inferno”, Krasnodar Regional Art Museum. F. Kovalenko, (Krasnodar)
- 2018 - "Will there be a buffet?" personal exhibition. Larina Gallery. (Krasnodar)
- 2017 - "The latest mythology", as part of the art group "OKNO". Italian Hall of the Academy of Arts. (St. Petersburg)
- 2017 - "The latest mythology", as part of the art group "OKNO". MAHL RAH. (Moscow)
- 2017 - "The latest mythology", as part of the art group "OKNO". "Gallery Larina". (Krasnodar)
- 2016 - "Corpus: Anatomical Theatre", as part of the Biennale of Museum Design. Research Museum of the Academy of Arts. (St. Petersburg)
- 2015 - "The event that never happened", as part of the art group "OKNO". Erarta Gallery. (St. Petersburg)
- 2014 - “Red Gift”, “Erarta Galleries London”, (London/UK)
- 2014 - "Private Life", Erarta Gallery, St. Petersburg
- 2014 - “ART MUC”, contemporary art festival, (Munich/Germany).
- 2014 - "Object World", solo exhibition. "Open Workshops" (Ligovskaya Library). (St. Petersburg)
- 2014 - "Chinese-Russian traveling exhibition of culture and art I, II.
- 2013 - "Son", time cafe "Now", St. Petersburg.
- 2012 - Loft Art Fair, Tkachi creative space, St. Petersburg.
- 2011 - "Early Spring" St. Petersburg, gallery "Attic of Artists".
- 2011 - "Reviving the Classics" St. Petersburg, Italian Hall of the Academy of Arts.
- 2011 - "Vremya" St. Petersburg, Exhibition Hall of the St. Petersburg Union of Artists.
- 2011 - "Space inside and outside" St. Petersburg, Exhibition Hall of the St. Petersburg Union of Artists.
- 2011 - "Prints of the Academy of Arts" Miass, Chelyabinsk region.
- 2011 - "Exhibition of graphics of the magazine" Koster "St. Petersburg, Library. A.S. Pushkin.
- 2011 - "Art and Reality" International Forum, St. Petersburg, Presidential Library.
- 2010 - "I love you, Petra creation!" St. Petersburg, Italian Hall of the Academy of Arts.
- 2010 - Regional Youth Exhibition Krasnodar, Krasnodar Regional Exhibition Hall of Fine Arts.
- 2010 - "All-Russian Art Exhibition: Young Artists of Russia" Moscow, Central House of Artists.
- 2010 - "Plein Air 2010" St. Petersburg, gallery "Mansard of Artists".