Painter: Marinova Anna Ivanovna
Marinova Anna Ivanovna - Painter's Biography
A wonderful artist, our contemporary, Anna Marinova was born in 1983 in St. Petersburg at the very end of the Soviet era. In 2010 she graduated from the St. Petersburg Institute of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture named after I.E. Repin in the class of easel painting.
«I consider the initial stage in the development of my art to be the happy occasion of participation and sale of my painting at the London auction of the Christie's auction house during my last year of study at the Academy. Then there were many more auctions, but it was that first sale that gave me confidence that my work with the image of a female model could be in demand at the world level. Since then, I have taken up the topic of female beauty. I consider myself a successor to the traditions of the school of Russian realistic painting. I see a very great potential in figurative art, because "a person needs a person." I work in the technique of oil painting, since oil paints are a truly inexhaustible tool for conveying the feeling of lively warm skin, the softness of hair, the heaviness of draperies. You can paint with oil pasty, almost sculpt a shape from a layer of paint, or you can apply subtle transparent glazes.»
There are bold intersections of styles and techniques in the canvases of Anna Marinova, as a statement that not everything has been said for hundreds of years, that there are still nooks and crannies of consciousness untouched by predecessors. This is clearly seen in the movements, felt by the brush and understandable to the viewer, in combination with the academically accurate, well-adjusted language of the static lines of nature and temperature transitions. These are also experiments with light sources, his play with refractions in the underlined overflows of the material, the surfaces of objects, skin, hair. Moreover, it would be wrong to represent Anna in only one, albeit the most difficult, genre. She has wonderful still lifes and landscapes. Anna Marinova's talent was noted even during her studies by her participation in exhibitions, competitions, and well-deserved awards. From childhood, she understood, in her words “in the background sensation”, that she would paint pictures.
Anna Marinova: where are the artist's paintings presented?
Since January 2010, Anna Marinova's works have been regularly exhibited at the London auctions of auction houses Christie's and Lots Road. Anna is an adherent of the realistic school of painting and her works are in private collections in Russia and abroad. Lives and works in St. Petersburg, Russia.
What exhibitions did Anna Marinova take part in?
- 2005 - exhibition of student works in Pushkinskiye Gory
- 2006 - exhibition of student works in Kotka, Finland
- 2007 - personal exhibition of graphics Municipal formation of the Central District of St. Petersburg
- 2007 - collective exhibition "Rivers and Canals", Moscow, Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation
- 2007 - collective exhibition "The Horse in Academic Art" in the halls of the Academy of Arts
- 2008 - collective exhibition "Watchmen of the Russian Land", Moscow, Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation
- 2008 - collective exhibition dedicated to the Victory Day. Exhibition Hall of the Union of Artists, St. Petersburg
- 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 - exhibitions of student works in the halls of the Museum of the Academy of Arts
- 2009 - personal exhibition of sketches "Artistic Information Center" Institute. I. E. Repina
- 2009 - exhibition of young artists "Hope". Exhibition Hall of the Union of Artists, St. Petersburg
- 2009 - exhibition "The best drawings of students of the Repin Institute for 2008". Exhibition Hall of the In-ta them. I. E. Repina.
- 2012 - III exhibition of young artists "Youth of St. Petersburg. Start". Exhibition Hall of the Union of Artists, St. Petersburg
- 2012 - collective exhibition "Autumn - 2012", dedicated to the anniversary date - 80 years since the founding of the St. Petersburg Union of Artists. Exhibition Hall of the Union of Artists, St. Petersburg
- 2012 - collective exhibition "Witnesses of the siege days". Exhibition Hall of the Union of Artists, St. Petersburg
- 2013 - spring exhibition of young artists "Youth of St. Petersburg. Start". Exhibition Hall of the Union of Artists, St. Petersburg
- 2014 - collective exhibition "Spring - 2014", Exhibition Hall of the Union of Artists, St. Petersburg