Painter: Golovin Alexey Konstantinovich
Golovin Alexey Konstantinovich - Painter's Biography
Artist Golovin Alexey Konstantinovich was born on June 26, 1977 in the city of Leningrad. In 1997 he received an education in the field of fine arts at the Crimean Art College named after. Samokish. In 1998-2006 he studied at the department of monumental painting, architecture and sculpture at the St. Petersburg State Academic Institute. I.E. Repina. Awarded in 2000 with a medal for academic excellence, and his thesis was praised by the State Examination Commission. In 2008-2009 Alexei taught at the Institute of Painting, Architecture and Sculpture. Since 2009, Alexey has been a member of the Union of Artists of Russia and works in the genre of easel and monumental painting. Belongs to the famous Russian-European academic school of painting, being a representative of the third generation of world famous masters: I. Repin, V. Serov, K. Korovin, V. Favorsky. They taught D. Kardovsky, I. Grabar, A. Deinek, S. Gerasimov, well-known artists, who in turn taught Alexei Golovin.
«I write what I like, and do not think about relevance at this moment. Now there is a lot of any topical contemporary art on the topic of the day. All artists are different, and the goals and objectives of their work are different. It seems to me that it is important to understand art as an area of conflict, not unanimity.»
The style of classicism in the work of Alexei Golovin is a ready-made repertoire of forms that make it possible to create mythological constructions, ideally capable of a universal explanation of reality. This is especially relevant in connection with the mythologization of the space of modern culture, the reason for which is the adaptability of the myth to the psychological mechanisms of mass consciousness. In the space of everyday life, two spheres are correlated: on the one hand, the sphere of mass stereotypes, and the sphere of the individual, on the other. This duality contributes to the conversion of culture to mythological models that streamline the relationship between man and society. In the art of Alexei Golovin, she finds her plastic solution by combining the icons of mass culture with the aesthetic receptions of ancient myths reduced to a sign. Classicality acts in this case as a unifying principle both formally, through an appeal to the aesthetics of the human body, and meaningfully through universal mythological structures.
Golovin Aleksey: where are the artist's paintings presented?
Alexey's works are in private collections and museums in Ukraine, Russia, USA, Germany, Israel, Canada, China. Alexey currently lives and works in St. Petersburg.
What exhibitions did Alexey Golovin take part in?
- 1995 – "Art plus”. The Crimean Art museum, Simferopol. Ukraine.
- 1996 – A youth autumn exhibition of the Nikolaev regional organization of the National Union of artists of Ukraine, Nikolaev. Ukraine.
- 1998-2002 – It was exposed in a museum of the Russian Academy of arts, S.-Petersburg.
- 2001 - The exhibition of the National Union of artists of Ukraine «Painting», Kiev. Ukraine.
- 2001 – An exhibition devoted to the 10 anniversary of Independence of Ukraine «History and the present in the fine arts of Ukraine 1991 - 2001», Kiev. Ukraine.
- 2002 – «The Autumn exhibition» St.-Petersburg Union of artists of Russia, St.-Petersburg. Russia.
- 2003 – An exhibition devoted to year of Russia in Ukraine and celebrating of Independence Day of Ukraine. The exhibition was spent in embassy of Ukraine to Russia.
- 2004 - «Person of St.-Petersburg» within the limits of the individually-art project. The exhibition was spent in I.I.Brodsky’s State museum in St.-Petersburg. Russia.
- 2004 - «All-Russia competition of young artists», Tretjakov gallery. Moscow. Russia.
- 2005 - exhibition in «Sanchuan Gallery», Beijing, China.
- 2007 - «The Spring» in St.-Petersburg Union of artists of Russia, St.-Petersburg. Russia.
- 2007 - «The Autumn» in St.-Petersburg Union of artists of Russia, St.-Petersburg Russia.
- 2007 - «250 years of the Russian academy of arts». The Kiev museum of Russian art. Kiev. Ukraine.
- 2008 - “Antiquity” exhibition in the St.-Petersburg Rimsky-Korsakov conservatory.
- 2008 – exhibition «Union of Russian Artists-75years». St.-Petersburg.
- 2008 - «Kitsch Biennale 2008» Munich. Germany.
- 2009 - «The Spring» in St.-Petersburg Union of artists of Russia, St.-Petersburg. Russia.
- 2009 - “Teachers of the Repin State Academic Art Institute of the Russian Imperial Academy of Arts” exhibition a museum of the Russian Academy of Arts, S.-Petersburg.
- 2010 - “Parallax”, La Galleria, Royal Opera Arcade, London.
- 2011 - “4 Tashkent Biennale of Contemporary Art”.Academy of Arts of Uzbekistan.Tashkent.
- 2020 - “The Real You” / ECLECTIC GALLERY - London, United Kingdom.
- 2020 - “Looking for the colour” / ECLECTIC GALLERY - London, United Kingdom.
- 2020 - “Festive times” / ECLECTIC GALLERY - London, United Kingdom.
- 2020 - “Cryptogram of still life” / Museum of history of Saint Petersburg - Saint Petersburg, Russia.
- 2020 - Autumn 2020 / Union of artists of Saint Petersburg - Saint Petersburg, Russia.
- 2021 - “Romantic Twists” / ECLECTIC GALLERY - London, United Kingdom.
- 2021 - Spring 2021 / Union of artists of Saint Petersburg - Saint Petersburg, Russia.
- 2021 - “Art Revolution Taipei 2021” / Songshan Cultural and Creative Park in Taipei. Taiwan.