Painters: Gadzhiev Sabir and Svetlana
Gadzhiyev Sabir and Svetlana - Painter's Biography
Painter Sabir Takhir-ogly Gajiyev was born in 1967 in Kiev. And his future wife, Svetlana Igorevna Gadzhieva, is from Chelyabinsk - she was born in 1963. In 1993 they graduated from the Academic Institute of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture. I. E. Repin in St. Petersburg, specializing in artist-architect. During their studies, they had joint works in the style of watercolor. Simultaneously with the creative, they also formed a family union. From their paintings one can judge how spiritually close Sabir and Svetlana are, how subtly they understand each other. In the world of art, it is quite rare to find couples who harmoniously combine both spiritual closeness and an extremely subtle understanding of each other's inner world, as well as the desire for common creativity, the so-called partnership. The creative couple of the Gadzhievs managed to achieve this with interest, because the desire for a harmonious union in all areas of their lives led the spouses to a rather unusual phenomenon among artists, when, by mutual consent, their own “I” was replaced by a common “WE”. All the works of the authors are made jointly, regardless of technique and format.
«There is nothing in our painting that can be compared with real time, real characters. Fantasy, lightness of images, understatement in their image, make it possible to use a variety of techniques and techniques of writing. At the same time, the conscious limitation of the color palette creates a dual feeling of solemnity, splendor and, at the same time, intimacy, solitary contemplation. Of course, the classical academic school of drawing and painting instilled a sense of admiration for the old masters and a desire to use interesting themes, but in our paintings there is the amount of irony that is necessary for a completely modern painting. We use decorative surfaces in combination with subtle, glazing writing, enabling the canvas to fit into the interior not only as a work of art, but also as an active design idea.»
The painters still choose the city of St. Petersburg, beloved from their student days, as the main character of most of their creations. Moreover, they continue to intrigue their audience with temporary space, literally dipping the northern capital with its inhabitants into the past. The paintings clearly trace the tsarist era of the century before last with all its characteristic paraphernalia. Thanks to the indefatigable imagination of the artists, we seem to be going on an amazing journey through the avenues, streets and bridges of this amazing city, an integral part of which are weather conditions associated with humidity - rain, fog, or simply cloudy weather, which the northern capital is so famous for.
Sabir and Svetlana Gajiyevs: where are the artists' paintings presented?
The Gajiyevs have been participating in art exhibitions since 1994. Sabir and Svetlana have a lot of implemented interiors and projects in their creative baggage, and during this time their creations literally scattered not only among the collections of domestic art collectors, but also in many European countries. The artists create their works together, using a wide variety of techniques: from traditional oil painting and watercolor to original graphics, the secrets of which they keep secret. The works of the spouses Sabir and Svetlana Gadzhiev are in private collections in Russia and abroad.
What exhibitions did the Gajiyevs take part in?
- 1994-1997 - Traveling exhibitions "Artists of Russia" (England).
- 1998 - "Artists of the North-West of Russia in America", a project of the Art Center "Sofia" (Rochester, Santa Barbara, USA).
- 1999 – Festival “Anatomy of Modern Art. Metaphorical realism”, “I remember a wonderful moment...” gallery “Art Collegia” (St. Petersburg).
- 1999 - Personal, "Mirages", gallery "White Light" (Tver).
- 1999 - "Sand City" (Gdansk, Poland).
- 2000 - Exhibition "Spring 2000" (Elbląg, Poland).
- 2000 - Color Dreams for Adults, Valencia Gallery (St. Petersburg).
- 2000 - Exhibition in the City Hall (St. Petersburg); exhibition at the Latvian Consulate (St. Petersburg). 2001 - exhibition in the City Hall (St. Petersburg).
- 2002 - Exhibition at the Geelvinck Hinlopen Huis Foundation (Amsterdam, Holland). Art auction (Lexington, USA).
- 2003 - Art Auction 2003 (Lexington, USA); exhibition in Zurich (Switzerland).
- 2004 - Art Auction 2004 (Lexington, USA); exhibition at D&D (Rostov-on-Don); exhibition of watercolors (Haryford, England).
- 2005 - Art Auction 2005 (Lexington, USA); graphics exhibition (Haryford, England); exhibition at the Latvian Consulate (St. Petersburg); musical project "Songs of the Beautiful Alien" (St. Petersburg).
- 2006 - Exhibition at the Ministry of Justice (St. Petersburg).
- 2006 - "The Space of Contemporary Art", Gallery "Impressio Art". "International Art Gallery 'Heritage", Art Propaganda Foundation (Moscow).
- 2006 - "Christmas Fair", Gallery "Impressio Art" "International Art Gallery 'Heritage", Art Propaganda Foundation (Moscow).
- 2007 – Group exhibition of Impressio Art Gallery, New Manege (Moscow).
- 2007 - Project "Christmas Art Fair", Impressio Art Gallery, Art Propaganda Foundation (Moscow)
- 2008 – Traveling City, Montmartre Gallery (St. Petersburg)
- 2008-2009 – Christmas Fair, Impressio Art Gallery (Moscow).