Painter: Ermolov Dmitry Nikolaevich
Ermolov Dmitry Nikolayevich - Biography of the painter
Painter Ermolov Dmitry Born in 1976 in the city of Voronezh. In 1999 he graduated from the graphic arts department of the Voronezh Pedagogical University. In 2007 he graduated from the Institute of Painting, Architecture and Sculpture. I.E. Repin. Since 2011 he has been a member of the Union of Artists of Russia. In 2012, he won a competition at the US Consulate General in St. Petersburg. Having received a classical art education at the Academy of Arts and having honed his professional skills, Dmitry began to search for his own, unique way of self-expression, which would distinguish him from thousands of other talented artists. The long search was successful. Having found his original, dramatic artistic language in art, since 1999 Dmitry has been actively involved in exhibition activities. The originality of Dmitry's painting style lies in the combination of a skillfully built composition with true color relationships.
«I always dreamed of becoming an artist, but this path was not easy for me. For a long time I was afraid to admit to my family and others that I wanted to draw, I was afraid that people would not like my work, that they would not appreciate me in society. Therefore, at first I studied at educational institutions that are only a little close to art: this is the School of Cabinetmakers and the Pedagogical University, the Faculty of Art. But after that, I plucked up the courage and went to record from a small town to a huge, cold and unexplored St. Petersburg. I didn’t do it the first time, but I didn’t give up on my dream, I was starving and continued to conquer this city. As a result, I defeated smirks, over failures and graduated from the most prestigious institution there - the Academy of Arts. Now I am doing what I love 24 hours a day, seven days a week, completely and with great pleasure I give myself to my favorite business.»
In his work, the artist mixes and transforms different styles. In addition to painting paintings, he also paints walls and ceilings. The main thing in the artist's works is frankness, which he sees in the beauty of the world around him. The warm sun reflecting in the water, blurry views of St. Petersburg and bright bouquets of flowers crawling on white plaster inevitably attract the viewer's eye. In his works, texture exists on a par with color and composition.
Ermolov Dmitry: where are the artist's paintings presented?
Dmitry actively exhibits abroad: in Sweden, Singapore, South Korea. The paintings of the painter are in private collections in many countries of the world and easily fit into the interior, bringing notes of sophistication and comfort to the room.
What exhibitions did Ermolov Dmitry take part in?
- 1999 - Exhibition of diploma works Voronezh.
- 2000 - Interregional exhibition Voronezh.
- 2002 - Exhibition of summer practice Pushkinskiye Gory.
- 2003 - Avcantgard Gallery London, England.
- 2004 - Days of Russian Culture, London.
- 2005 - Lenexpo International Art Fair, St. Petersburg.
- 2005 - Annual Autumn Exhibition "Autumn", Union of Artists, St. Petersburg.
- 2006 - exhibition at the Central House of Artists, Moscow.
- 2007 - Exhibition in Bulgaria. Theme "Flowers" - the city of Plovdiv.
- 2007 - Exhibition in London Mallgallery
- 2007 - Exhibition "Academic Dacha" - Moscow Union of Artists.
- 2007 - Exhibition of diploma works - RAH.
- 2008 - Exhibition "Fatherland" - Moscow Central House of Artists.
- 2010 - Exhibition "Knockin' on Heaven" - St. Petersburg.
- 2010 - Exhibition "Autumn" Union of Artists - St. Petersburg.
- 2011 - Personal exhibition in the shopping center "Interio" "Flowers" - St. Petersburg.
- 2011 - Personal exhibition in the gallery "S.P.A.S." "Fleeting impressions" - St. Petersburg.
- 2011 - Exhibition "Summer Journey", gallery "Easel" - St. Petersburg.
- 2011 - Exhibition "... Of the annual seasons, I am only glad for her alone ...", gallery "Easel" - St. Petersburg.
- 2012 - Exhibition "Spring 2012" Union of Artists - St. Petersburg.
- 2012 - Personal exhibition in the gallery "Pu-Er" - St. Petersburg.
- 2012 - Exhibition - competition at the US Consulate General - St. Petersburg.
- 2012 - Exhibition dedicated to the 80th anniversary of the Union of Artists of St. Petersburg. Manezh.
- 2012 - Exhibition-competition for the 120th anniversary of Russian Railways. Moscow Sukharevskaya tower.
- 2014 - Exhibition at the Muza Art Center, St. Petersburg.
- 2014 - Participation in the international Affordable Art Fair Stockholm, Sweden.
- 2015 - Participation in the international Affordable Art Fair Singapore, Singapore.
- 2015 - Participation in the international Affordable Art Fair Seoul, South Korea.