Painter: Boyadzhan Aleksandr
Boyadzhan Alexander Borisovich - Painter's biography
Alexander Boyadzhan was born in 1958 in Sukhum in the family of an employee. Little Sasha from the age of six was fond of modeling from plasticine. His mother drew attention to this and sent him to the drawing circle in the pioneer house. Alexander studied at the Sukhum secondary school number 2, at the same time attended the Sukhum art school. In 1976 Alexander went to Tbilisi and entered the art school named after M. Toidze at the decorative and painting faculty. His studies were interrupted by service in the Soviet army. In 1979 he continued his education at the school. After graduating from college in 1980, he stayed in Tbilisi and worked at the Georgia-Film studio. In 1981 A. Boyadzhan joined the Union of Artists of Abkhazia. During these years he came to grips with easel painting. He worked in the Board of the Union of Artists of Abkhazia, was involved in organizing exhibitions of members of the Union in the cities of the USSR and he himself participated in them. In 1988 he was admitted to the Union of Artists of the USSR.
Since 1990, Alexander has been living in St. Petersburg permanently, working a lot and successfully. Despite the difficulties of life, he achieves great success in painting and becomes a permanent participant in all major St. Petersburg and Moscow exhibitions. In 2005 A. Boyadzhan joined the St. Petersburg Creative Union of Artists. In 2006, for the paintings "Two" (2004, oil on canvas) and "Victoria" (2004, oil on canvas) Alexander received the Amber Drop prize at the International Art Exhibition "Baltic Circle". The artist's work can be divided into the Sukhumi and St. Petersburg periods. The Sukhum period is especially dear to Alexander because he is closely connected with his friends - the artists of Abkhazia. Alexander takes part in almost all exhibitions held by the Union of Artists of Abkhazia and the St. Petersburg Creative Union of Artists.
The unique brightness of the sunny south, the richness of the surrounding nature and the sea sparkling under the sun have formed a special artistic perception in Alexandra, where it is impossible to distinguish reality from fantasy. St. Petersburg has become for the artist a place of his creative formation. In recent years, the artist's painting has acquired a special analyticity and validity of the pictorial idea, however, it has remained bright and diverse in a southern way. The artist's paintings are filled with pictorial improvisations and a special view of the world, characterized by absolute simplicity. The main thing in creativity is color, combining colors with each other in an excellent way, he manages to achieve a novelty of coloristic sound.
«The artist is fed by life, fed by those with whom he communicates, and without this the artist cannot take place as an artist, everything reacts to him, he is a barometer. If something inside you bothers, and you immediately react to it, then during work the muse is revealed. You need calmness and concentration.»
Boyadzhan Alexander: where are the artist's paintings presented?
The main collections of the author's works: The State Russian Museum, the Moscow Museum of Modern Art, the Museum of Art of St. Petersburg of the XX-XXI centuries (MISP), the Central Exhibition Hall "Manezh", the Museum of Fine Arts of the Republic of Karelia, the Pskov State Joint Historical, Architectural and Art Museum- reserve, the Art Museum of the city of Stary Oskol, the State Museum Association "Artistic Culture of the Russian North" (Arkhangelsk), the state art galleries of Tbilisi and Sukhumi.
What exhibitions did Boyadzhan Alexander take part in?
- 1990 - Exhibition dedicated to Van Gogh, Palitra gallery, Leningrad.
- 1991 - Personal exhibition in the gallery "Contemporary Soviet Artists", Berlin; Exhibition in the municipal center of Piraeus, Greece; Personal exhibition "Memories", gallery "Palitra" St. Petersburg.
- 1992 - Exhibition at the Art-Forum gallery, Hanover, Germany; Personal exhibition in the gallery "Milena", St. Petersburg; Exhibition "Spring Salon", LENEXPO, St. Petersburg;
- 1993 - Personal exhibition in the gallery "Leo Kopi" Berlin, Personal exhibition "Dreams", gallery "Palitra", St. Petersburg;
- 1994 - Personal exhibition in the gallery "TINATIN", Berlin, Germany Personal exhibition "Improvisation", gallery "Palitra" St. Petersburg;
- 1995 - Exhibition "From the avant-garde to the present day", Hengello, Netherlands;
- 1996 - Personal exhibition at the Kluber gallery, Weinheim, Germany Personal exhibition at the Palitra gallery, St. Petersburg;
- 1997 - Exhibition “Collection of contemporary art from the funds of the Central Exhibition Hall“ Manege ”, Central Exhibition Hall“ Manege ”, St. Petersburg Art Festival in the gallery“ Kluber ”, Weinheim, Germany;
- 1998 - Exhibition in the municipal center of Baden-Baden, Germany Exhibition "Dolce Vita", gallery "Jura Art" Helsinki, Finland;
- 1999 - Personal exhibition "Mosaic", gallery "Palitra", St. Petersburg Exhibition at the gallery "Campbell Steele", Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA;
- 2000 - Exhibition "Contemporary Art of St. Petersburg", Ghent, Belgium;
- 2001 - Repersonal exhibition in the gallery "Northern Capital", St. Petersburg Exhibition "In the beginning was the word", in the framework of the international scientific conference "Armenia and the Christian East", St. Petersburg State University. Exhibition "Abstraction in Russia, XX century", State Russian Museum, St. Petersburg Exhibition "In search of the lost link", Exhibition Center of the Union of Artists, St. Petersburg;
- 2002 - Personal exhibition in the "Vision" gallery, Laguna Beach, California, USA Personal exhibition "Awareness of reality", gallery "Aurora", Tver Exhibition "White Christmas", State Museum of Urban Sculpture, St. Petersburg;
- 2003 - Exhibition in the gallery "DiDi", St. Petersburg; Exhibition "Traditions and Modernity", Central Exhibition Hall "Manezh", St. Petersburg; Exhibition "Time for Change", TLC, Moscow;
- 2004 - Exhibition "ARTINDEX", Russian Ethnographic Museum, St. Petersburg; "Festival of Galleries", Central Exhibition Hall "Manezh", St. Petersburg; Exhibition "Russian View of Italy", St. Petersburg Creative Union of Artists, IFA;
- 2005 - Exhibition "Attraction of the Moon", gallery "Art-Alley", St. Petersburg; Exhibition "Pictures for Christmas", St. Petersburg Creative Union of Artists, IFA; Exhibition "Miracles in the sieve", gallery "Didi", St. Petersburg;
- 2006 - Christmas exhibition, St. Petersburg Creative Union of Artists IFA "Winter Exhibition" in the gallery "Art-Alley", St. Petersburg "ARTINDEX, ST. PETERSBURG'S ART, DEMOVERSIA` 06", Russian Ethnographic Museum, St. Petersburg;
- 2007 - International Exhibition "Baltic Circle", Museum of History and Art, (awarded the "Amber Drop" prize in the category "For Skill"). Exhibition "St. Petersburg art of the XX century" (Collection of contemporary art of the Central Exhibition Hall "MANEZH"), St. Petersburg, Central Exhibition Hall "MANEZH" Exhibition "Contemporary Art of Russia" dedicated to the 250th anniversary of the Russian Academy of Arts, Moscow. Personal exhibition in the gallery "ASA ART", St. Petersburg Exhibition of artists of the circle of the magazine DI at the Institute of Russian Culture, Vienna, Austria Exhibition "Contemporary Art of St. Petersburg", Moscow Museum of Modern Art;
- 2008 - Interregional Academic Exhibition "Petersburg Meetings", exhibition halls of the St. Petersburg Creative Union of Artists. Exhibition "Works of the Year 08", St. Petersburg Creative Union of Artists (IFA);
- 2009 - Exhibition of watercolors "Contemporary Russian Art: From the Avant-garde to the Present" in "The Gallery in Cork street", London, UK. Watercolors and Drawings Fair 2009 London, Covent Garden. Personal exhibition in the gallery "Sovcom", Moscow;
- 2010 - Exhibition dedicated to the twentieth anniversary of the St. Petersburg Creative Union of Artists, St. Petersburg TSH. Personal exhibition at Natasha-Li Gallery, Helsinki, Finland;
- 2011 - Personal exhibition in the department of Alfa-Bank, St. Petersburg. Exhibition "Work of the Year 2011" SPb TLC (IFA);
- 2012—2013 - Traveling exhibition "PETERSBURG MEETINGS" at the state museums of the North-West of Russia (Veliky Novgorod, Pskov, Arkhangelsk, Petrozavodsk, Murmansk, Vyborg.);
- 2013 - Exhibition "Work of the Year 2013" SPb TLC (IFA);
- 2014 - Exhibition "Dreams from childhood" St. Petersburg, exhibition hall "Center for books and graphics". Exhibition "Works of the Year 2014" SPb TLC (IFA);
- 2015 - International exhibition of fine art "Art in 4 dimensions ECO-LOFT MORE PLACE, St. Petersburg;
- 2015—2016 - Traveling exhibition "Petersburg Meetings" at the state museums of the years. Tula, Kaluga, Ryazan, Tambov, Lipetsk, Murom;
- 2016 - Exhibition "Renaissance" in the Armenian Cultural Center, St. Petersburg Exhibition "I Hear Painting, See Music", MISP Museum, St. Petersburg. Art Russia 2016, Nizhny Novgorod Fair;
- 2017 - Exhibition of Armenian artists of St. Petersburg "Tree of Traditions", MISP Museum, St. Petersburg. Exhibition of works by artists of Abkhazia, exhibition hall of the Moscow Union of Artists, Moscow. Exhibition "Summer Practice", St. Petersburg TLC;
- 2018 - Personal exhibition "Selected", 2nd gymnasium, St. Petersburg. Exhibition "Abstraction at the Bottom", Petrikirche, Catacombs, St. Petersburg. Exhibition "Work of the Year", St. Petersburg TLC;
- 2019 - Exhibition of works by artists of St. Petersburg in the cultural center of the Armenian Church, dedicated to the International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of the Armenian Genocide in Turkey. Charity exhibition "Art for Life" Moscow, Moscow House of Nationalities.