Painter: Balandina Lyudmila
Balandina Lyudmila - Painter's biography
Lyudmila Balandina was born in 1967 in Saratov, graduated from the Saratov Art School, and at the age of nineteen she came to Leningrad to enter the Institute of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture named after V.I. I.E. Repin. In 1994, she successfully graduated from the university in the workshop of Professor P.T. Fomin, which largely determined her creative destiny. In 1994 he became a member of the Union of Artists of Russia. Passion for the works of K. Korovin, V. Serov, I. Grabar. P. Kustodiev, as well as artists of the Impressionist circle, influenced the formation of the figurative language and pictorial style of Lyudmila Balandina. Lyudmila's favorite genre was still life, in which she was able to express herself as a painter and create her own unique lyrical motive.
«Bouquets of wildflowers, as if woven from light, air and bright colors, convey the scent of a sultry summer and the smell of mown grass. The sketchy manner of writing gives an extraordinary decorative effect to still lifes. With transparent, quick strokes, the general masses of colors are applied, creating volume. And at the same time, there are accents that are more clearly worked out with a brush, creating a unique decorative rhythm. Despite the variety of shades, they make up the bouquets of flowers, they do not seem variegated. On the contrary, the richness of the palette is reduced to the unity and harmony of colors. Bouquets scattered with bright, juicy strokes on the canvas, the smooth surface of the sea and light clouds meet us».
Balandina Lyudmila: where are the artist's paintings presented?
Lyudmila is a regular participant in exhibitions in Russia and abroad, her works are kept in many domestic museum collections and private collections around the world. The paintings of Lyudmila Balandina are made at a high professional level. Bright, rich colors, compositional constructions in still lifes, clarity of thought and self-confidence - these qualities were highly appreciated by both Russian and foreign viewers. A participant in numerous Russian and foreign exhibitions, Lyudmila Balandina is constantly improving her skills. The artist's works are in private collections in Russia, Finland, Sweden, Germany and the USA.
What exhibitions did Balandina Lyudmila take part in?
- 1994 - Exhibition of diploma works. Moscow.
- 1995-2008 - Permanent participant of the autumn-spring exhibitions of the Union of Artists. SPb.
- 1996 - The Marienlyst Gallery (Sweden, Gothenburg).
- 1997 - "Link of Times" CEH. St. Petersburg.
- 1997-2000 - Exhibitions of St. Petersburg artists in Germany. (Hamburg, Eutin, Munchen).
- 1999 - Exhibition "Russian Province". S-Pb. Nekrasov Museum.
- 2000 - 2008 - Exhibitions in galleries in Chicago, New York. USA.
- 2004 - CHA. Moscow.
- 2008 - Anniversary exhibition "75 years of the Union of Artists". SPb.
- 2009 - Flowers and the city. SPb. Center for books and graphics.
- 2010 - Harmony of the 21st century. SPb. Union of Artists.
- 2011 - Man and City. Central House of Artists Moscow.
- 2011 - Harmony of the 21st century. Petersburg Union of Artists.
- 2012 - Autumn Exhibition. St. Petersburg. Union of Artists.