Painter: Alexandrina Irina Gennadevna
Alexandrina Irina Gennadevna - Painter's biography
Irina was born on January 31, 1965. In 1977 she moved from Moscow to St. Petersburg. In 1983 she graduated from the Leningrad Secondary Art School named after B.V. Ioganson at the Russian Academy of Arts. A year later she entered the Institute of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture named after I.E. Repin at the Russian Academy of Arts of Russia. During her studies at the Faculty of Architecture, she took a course in painting technique. After receiving her diploma, Irina was actively involved in painting, researching various techniques, materials and subjects. As a result of a long creative search, the urban landscape became the main genre of the artist. It was the images of the views of St. Petersburg at the turn of the 18-19 centuries that brought such fame to the artist. Graceful ladies with fans in their hands walking arm in arm with their cavaliers, carriages with horses in the very center of the city on Palace Square or Nevsky Prospect, as well as the incredibly conveyed atmosphere of that very old Petersburg ”brought fame and recognition as a unique artist to Irina Alexandrina.
«Cities are like people. They have their own characters, habits, inclinations. They have their own passions and tastes, lifestyle, advantages and disadvantages. Especially in those cities that have become the chosen ones of history and time».
Alexandrina Irina: where are the artist's paintings presented?
Irina's biography includes more than 10 personal exhibitions not only in Russia, but also abroad: in Barcelona, Prague, Florence, Berlin, Los Angeles. In 2010, during the official visit of the Russian President to the United States, Dmitry Medvedev donated the St. Petersburg landscape to Stanford University. In the press, Irina Alexandrina is often called "the favorite artist of the presidential protocol." The first persons of the state have presented her works to foreign guests more than once. In June 2010, during the official visit of the President of Russia to the United States, Dmitry Medvedev presented the landscape of St. Petersburg by Irina Alexandrina to Stanford University. In addition, her paintings are in the corporate collections of leading banks, as well as in private collections around the world.
- 1996 - Dix Gallery. Helsinki. Finland
- 1997 - Personal exhibition in Prague. Czech. Magazine "Slovo"
- 1998 - Gallery "Burgerhaus". Chella Melis. Germany
- 1999 - Gallery "Marabello". Barcelona. Spain
- 2000 - Gallery "Old Bridge". Personal exhibition in Florence. Italy
- 2001 - Exhibition at the Russian House. "Irina Alexandrina. Painting". Berlin. Germany
- 2003 - Exhibition "Moscow-Petersburg". Central House of Artists. Moscow. Russia
- 2004 - Institute of Literature. "Petersburg-Dresden". Dresden. Germany
- 2004 - Exhibition "Ecology". Central House of Artists. Moscow. Russia
- 2006 - Personal exhibition in Beverly Hills. USA
- 2007 - Personal exhibition "Imperial Petersburg". Grand Hotel Europe. Saint Petersburg. Russia
- 2008 - Personal exhibition in Aspen. USA2009 - Personal exhibition "Views of St. Petersburg". Gallery "Elena". Moscow. Russia
- 2009 - Irina Alexandrina. Painting "Gallery of the bank" Deutsche bank, Dresden, Germany
- 2010 - Petersburg-Dresden Institute of Literature, Dresden, Germany
- 2011 - Personal exhibition Russian Hill Gallery, San Francisco, USA
- 2011 - Personal exhibition Ponte Veccio Gallery, Florence, Italy
- 2012 - Personal exhibition "Vail Fine Art Gallery", Vail, Colorado, USA
- 2013 - Irina Alexandrina. Painting Russian House, Berlin, Germany
- 2013 - Personal exhibition Gallery of the Grand Hotel Europe, St. Petersburg,
- 2014 - Personal exhibition Gallery of Bank Saint Petersburg, Saint Petersburg, Russia